How to Make Irish Sea Moss Gel at Home?
Are you looking for easy ways to make your sea moss gel at home? Worry not; we are here to help you. There are several ways to make sea moss gel, and we have found the easiest of them.
Sea moss gel is everyone's favorite these days. People add it to foods, stews, and even soups and sauces. Other than that, you can also add sea moss gel to your drinks. Adding sea moss gel to your favorite smoothies not only tastes delicious but is also beneficial for your health.
Beside that, you can also apply sea moss gel to your skin. Sea moss can help your skin in plenty of different ways. Research on cosmetic applications of sea moss shows promising results.
So, let's study this unique substance a bit more. Who knows, it might do wonders for your health and skin.
Where to Find Sea Moss in Raw Form?
There are loads of food stores that sell sea moss in its natural form. You can also get it from online stores, but make sure to buy it from a reputable source. Whatever be the origin, do not compromise on the quality of the product because it is what makes the difference.
How to Make Sea Moss Gel at Home – Step by Step Process:
Now, we assume that you have sea moss at home; if yes, then let's proceed:
- To make your sea moss gel at home, you need dry or raw sea moss.
- So, start by simply soaking your raw/dried sea moss in tap water overnight.
- The following morning, take it out and give the sea moss a good rinse. Now that you've rinsed it well, it is time to spin the sea moss.
- Blend the sea moss with fresh water and keep blending until it's all smooth. Remember that it's essential to mix it well, so do not skip this step. Blend for a few minutes for the mixture to become uniform and smooth.
- Now that your sea moss is adequately blended transfer it to a container. The container should have an airtight lid. Empty the mixture into the container and keep it in the refrigerator overnight.
- The mixture will start giving a gel-like appearance the next day, and there you have it. You've successfully made your own Irish Sea moss gel at home.
Once formulated, keep the sea moss gel away from light and moisture, as they affect the quality of sea moss. Store it in a dry and airtight container.Good quality sea moss can last up to one month in the fridge and three months in the freezer.
Sea moss - the much-hyped superfood does wonders for your health. So does the sea moss gel; it is in the market for its various applications. You can find one of the best sea moss products from the Herbal Vineyard store. Try it today and benefit from the sea moss, high in quality and light on the pocket.
Cheong KL, Qiu HM, Du H, et al. Oligosaccharides Derived from Red Seaweed: Production, Properties, and Potential Health and Cosmetic Applications. Molecules. 2018 Oct; 23(10):2451.
MacDOUGALL D. Effect of processing and storage on the quality of gelose from Irish moss (Chondrus crispus). Can J Res. 1948 Mar;26(Sect F 3):160-7.