Sea Moss Chips
Craving for chips but you know they may be unhealthy. you want to savor the crispy magic-filled chips, but you don't want the fat and definitely not the calorie count. What should You do? There is a healthier, lighter, and more nutrient-dense alternative to oil-dipped potato sticks. We're presenting a recipe for sea moss nutritious snacks for food snobs who are also health-conscious. Sea Moss chips are tasty, easy to produce, and extremely light.
For sea moss chips you need no complex ingredients but simple things such as
- Fresh or dried sea moss
- Salt for taste
- Sesame seeds
- Sesame oil or olive oil
- A hot air oven
- Black pepper
The recipe is as simple as the ingredients and need no hot oil splashes and waiting indefinitely to munch on the chips. All you need are four to five steps and you will have some of the tastier and of course lighter versions of chips packed with fibre.
- Soak some sea moss leaves in water for a few minutes to make them juicier.
- Take them out and gently tap them with a kitchen napkin to remove any excess water.
- Add some olive or sesame oil, but don't completely cover it; a tiny splash will be enough.
- Add sesame seeds for an added flavor and antioxidant punch.
- Add salt to taste; you can always add more once they're done.
- For a spicy flavor, add some black pepper.
- Place them in a hot air oven for 5 minutes at 250 degrees Celsius, checking on them halfway through to ensure they are not very dry.
- Take them from the oven and serve them with your favorite dip.
Sea moss chips are a healthier alternative to the thicker and oily-filled chips that are not as nutritious and do not include all of the components. Sea moss is also natural and high in nutrients such as vitamins, amino acids, calcium, magnesium, potassium, alginates, antioxidants, and many more. They are light and high in fibre, making them good for the gut. Furthermore, they are light, do not bother your hunger, and do not add extra calories to your diet.
Plus, they offer all the nutrients of a snack without being too hefty for your body to process.
Want to have a nutritious sea moss snack but don't know where to find fresh, unprocessed sea moss? Herbal Vineyard is the place to go. They send fresh and natural sea moss to your doorstep, unprocessed and entirely organic, without charging an arm and a leg. They also provide fantastic deals and discounts to first-time consumers. So go to our website and get a healthy snack for your healthy life.
- Mahendran, S., Maheswari, P., Sasikala, V., jaya Rubika, J., & Pandiarajan, J. (2021). In vitro antioxidant study of polyphenol from red seaweeds dichotomously branched gracilaria Gracilaria edulis and robust sea moss Hypnea valentiae. Toxicology Reports, 8, 1404-1411.
- Lee, C., & Cronin, C. (1984). Particulate amino acids in the sea: Effects of primary productivity and biological decomposition. Journal of Marine Research, 42(4), 1075-1097.
Shop Our Sea Moss Products: