Sea moss is more popular today than it was ever before. There are tons of reasons behind its success but before starting, we should know exactly what sea moss is. It's a type of seaweed that is typically found in the coastal regions of the Atlantic Ocean. It's usually growing in the shallow, rocky warm waters of the region.
It has been in use for a long time as it's nothing new for the people of the coastal areas. Due to its amazing properties and the potential health benefits, sea moss has always been in demand. Recently, more research is taking place to know about all the goodness that this seaweed contains. However, more research is needed to fully understand the importance of this superfood.
With that said, there are a bunch of facts that can’t be ignored. It is known that sea moss contains some of the most essential minerals and vitamins that are needed by our bodies.
Before we go ahead with the differences between sea moss pills and sea moss gel, let's quickly look at the potential health benefits of sea moss. This sea vegetable is believed to help with:
- The energy levels in our bodies
- Mental health
- Better and healthy skin
- Intakes of vitamins and minerals
- Healthy respiratory system
- Weight management
Sea Moss Pills vs. Sea Moss Gel
Here are some of the advantages of sea moss pills:
- Sea moss pills have a higher amount of bioavailability. Which means a pill would have higher potency as compared to the gel.
- There’s a certain level of assurance that the pills will have the same amount of potency all the time. Whereas in gels, it’s hard to keep a track of the consumption.
- They have no flavor and need no preparation.
- Their shelf life is usually a lot more than that of gels. Typically, pills last about 1-2 years.
Here are some of the advantages of sea moss gel:
- It's an easier option for children and adults who have trouble swallowing pills.
- It can be added to our daily food intake like desserts, smoothies, etc.
- It can be used apply anywhere on the skin, including as a face mask.
Sea moss pills and gel are so much alike and yet so different. Here are some of the differences between them:
The preparation of gel involves processes where the sea moss is soaked in water for hours. After it swells, it's rinsed and blended until it starts as smooth as water while the making of pills does not involve any of such processes.
There is a clear difference between the shelf lives as the gel usually lasts 2-4 weeks in the refrigerator while the pills can last years and should be kept in a cool and dry place.
While sea moss gel requires some food or dessert to be consumed with, i.e. any dessert, food or smoothie, etc., the capsules can be orally consumed with just water.