Worried about satisfying your taste palette while making sure you avoid meat? Vegan Kimchi is the perfect go-to side-dish for you to add to your meals! Moreover, if you prepare it with sea moss, you're going to love the health benefits that come along with it! You can keep reading to find out how to prepare a sea moss-infused vegan kimchi and stay on track with your health!
- Chinese leaves, 2-4 in amount (take at least 2 kgs)
- 1 tablespoon of the best quality sea moss
- 1-2 Spring Onions
- 40–60g of sea salt (3% of the weight of the cabbage)
- One small carrot
How to make the chilli paste:
- 40g chopped onion
- 40g (10 cloves) sliced garlic
- 5g sliced ginger
- 1 cored and sliced small pear
- 40g flakes of Korean chilli
- Salt (to taste)
Chinese leaf should be chopped into bite-sized pieces and weighed until it weighs 2kg. Wash these chopped leaf pieces and then add some seaweed. You can also add some salt if you wish. Combine the above mixture delicately with your hands every so often for 3 to 4 hours.
The carrot, leek, and spring onions should all be chopped in the meantime. Place aside. By processing the onion, garlic, ginger, and pear in a blender until smooth, you can make the chilli. Puree once more to incorporate after adding the chilli flakes. Remove as much water as you can from the Chinese leaf mix.
Combine the Chinese leaf combination with the other veggies and cover with the chilli. Fill a 2-litre sterile container with the contents. Keep tiny bubbles to a minimum and leave some space under the cover. In case the container overflows, keep a board underneath. You will start to notice bubbles within one to two days.
- A large number of secondary metabolites, such as sesquiterpenes, diterpenes, triterpenes, and many more types, are produced by marine red algae (sea moss). These secondary metabolites are responsible for a wide variety of biological activities, including antimicrobial and antibacterial effects.
- These secondary metabolites in sea moss also possess anti-cancer properties.
To make this kimchi both tasty for the mouth and good for the health, you need good quality sea moss. Good news for you! You can order sea moss with just one click at the convenient online store called herbal vineyards! Order yours today and make the best vegan kimchi that you have ever tasted!
Lomartire, S., Marques, J. C., & Gonçalves, A. (2021). An Overview to the Health Benefits of Seaweeds Consumption. Marine drugs, 19(6), 341. https://doi.org/10.3390/md19060341
Shop Our Sea Moss Products: