Seaweed miso soup is a traditional Japanese dish that is both flavorful and nutritious. The combination of miso paste, seaweed, and other ingredients offers a variety of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make a delicious, traditional seaweed miso soup that can be enjoyed as a meal or a snack.
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of white miso paste
- 3 tablespoons of dashi powder
- 5 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of mirin
- 2 sheets of dried seaweed, such as wakame
- Mix the miso paste, dashi powder, and water in a medium pot.
- Place the pot over medium heat and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the soy sauce and mirin.
- Add the seaweed to the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve the soup hot or cold.
Uses/Benefits of seaweed
Seaweed has been used in traditional eastern medicine for centuries and is known for its medicinal properties. It is believed to help with digestion, reduce inflammation, and boost immunity. Seaweed is also a great source of vitamins A, C, and E, as well as B vitamins and essential minerals like zinc, phosphorus, and magnesium. Additionally, it is high in dietary fibre and polyphenols, which are beneficial compounds that can help reduce the risk of certain diseases.
Seaweed miso soup is a delicious, traditional Japanese dish full of vitamins, minerals, and other nutritious ingredients. You can easily make it home with just a few ingredients and enjoy a healthy, flavorful meal. If you're looking to supplement your diet with seaweed, check out the quality selection of supplements from Herbal Vinyard. Visit their website today to learn more about the benefits of seaweed and find the perfect supplement for you.
- Fleurence, J. (1999). Seaweed proteins: biochemical, nutritional aspects and potential uses. Trends in food science & technology, 10(1), 25-28.
- Mabeau, S., & Fleurence, J. (1993). Seaweed in food products: biochemical and nutritional aspects. Trends in Food Science & Technology, 4(4), 103-107.
Shop Our Sea Moss Products: