If there is one superfood that has been gaining popularity as a superfood due to its many health benefits, it is sea moss. And there are so many innovative ways it has been used, gels, soups, smoothies; you name it. But did you know that you can also use sea moss to make delicious and creamy ice cream? Today, we will share a recipe for sea moss ice cream and discuss some of the health benefits of sea moss as well. So let us go!
Here are the ingredients to whip up the sea moss ice cream!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sea moss gel
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
You will need to follow these instructions to whip up the sea moss ice cream.
- In a large bowl, whisk the heavy cream, milk, sugar, sea moss gel, vanilla extract, and sea salt until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- And you are all done! That was a simple recipe; you are ready to serve and enjoy!
Health Benefits of Sea Moss
Now, let us have a look at the health benefits of sea moss:
- Sea moss contains vitamins and minerals that can help support a healthy immune system, including vitamin C, zinc, and iodine.
- The superfood is also rich in iodine, which is essential for properly functioning the thyroid gland.
- Sea moss has exceptionally high fiber content that can help promote healthy digestion and regulate bowel movements.
- It also contains vitamins and minerals that can help promote healthy skin, including vitamins A and E, zinc, and magnesium.
- It also has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that can help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Sea moss contains B vitamins, iron, and other nutrients that can help boost energy levels.
- Sea moss contains potassium, which can help regulate blood pressure and support healthy cardiovascular function.
- Sea moss is low in calories and fiber, which can help promote healthy weight loss.
- Sea moss contains magnesium, which is essential for the proper nervous system functioning and can help improve mood and reduce anxiety.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of sea moss can help reduce joint pain and promote healthy joints.
As you can see, sea moss ice cream is a delicious and healthy treat that you can enjoy while also reaping the many health benefits of sea moss. Try this recipe and see how delicious and nutritious sea moss can be! And if you need the sea moss to whip up any sea moss recipe, all you have to pay is a little visit to the best sea moss store in the world, Herbal Vineyards!