Sea Moss has been used for centuries, primarily because of its remarkable nutritional benefits. The benefits that sea moss offers are primarily courtesy of the many minerals and vitamins found in it. In these lines, we will look at the hidden potential that hasn't been tapped extensively regarding manners and vitamins found in sea moss. Let us see how these minerals and vitamins play a vital role in maintaining homeostasis in our body. Can delicious sea moss recipes make up for the nutritional deficiencies in the human body? Let's find out!
Minerals That Sea Moss Offers!
Let us start by overviewing the minerals found in sea moss.
- Iodine: It is essential for proper thyroid functioning.
- Calcium: It promotes strong bones and teeth. Next slide magnesium: it supports energy production and muscle relaxation.
- Potassium: It regulates fluid balance and is vital for cardiac health.
- Zinc: It is vital for proper immune functioning and wound healing.
- Iron: It is vital for oxygen transportation in the human body.
- Phosphorus: It works with calcium to maintain bone health.
- Some other essential minerals found in sea moss include sodium copper and manganese.
The Vitamin Profile of Sea Moss
Now, let us overview the vitamin profile of sea moss; you will see some famous names here too!
- Vitamin A supports vision, health, and immune function and helps us have healthy skin.
- Vitamin C: Boosts immune function and can act as a powerful antioxidant.
- Vitamin E: Protects cells from oxidative stress.
- Vitamin K: Essential for blood clotting and bone health.
- Thiamine (Vitamin B1) converts food into energy and supports nerve function.
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2): It is involved in energy production and cell growth.
- Niacin (Vitamin B3): This vitamin supports energy metabolism and promotes healthy brain function.
- Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5): Involved in energy production, hormone synthesis, and nerve function.
- Other essential vitamins found in sea moss include folate, i.e., vitamin B9, and pyridoxine, i.e. vitamin B6.
The diverse array of minerals and vitamins in the sea moss make it a special, special superfood. No wonder researchers worldwide are trying their best to find ways in which the benefits of sea moss can be made available to the public. So what can you do to avail yourself of these minerals and nutrients? Well, there are more than 100 recipes for sea moss, which you can whip up in a jiffy. So, buy some sea moss from Herbal Vineyards and start cooking immediately!
Shop Our Sea Moss Products: