Here are the most common questions we receive from our customers:
What is Sea Moss?
- Sea moss is type a seaweed or algae superfood that grows in the ocean. This amazing sea vegetable contains 92 of the 102 minerals our bodies need. Sea moss is known to strengthen the immune system, detoxify the body, increase energy levels, improve skin health and much more! To learn more about about the benefits of taking sea moss please visit our blog: https://herbalvineyards.com/blogs/healing101
What type of Sea Moss do you have?
- Gracilaria, which comes from the warm, pristine waters of St Lucia.
Is your Sea Moss pure and organic?
- Yes, our sea moss is 100% wildcrafted, raw and organic. We import this amazing superfood directly from St.Lucia in the Caribbean! Our sea moss is the real deal! We are Non-GMO Project Verified by the NSF.
Is your Sea Moss gluten free?
- Yes our sea moss 100% natural, gluten free, no preservatives added.
What’s the difference between Gold and Purple Sea Moss?
- Sea Moss naturally comes in various colors and sizes. All variations of sea moss, irrespective of their color, are packed with macronutrients, vitamins and essential minerals. In comparison to the gold sea moss, the purple sea moss tastes more potent. This may have to do with it being closer to the bottom of the ocean. Whereas the gold is just beneath the water and it gets more sunlight. Both the gold and purple sea moss are amazing. You can't go wrong with either one!
How many tablespoons of the Sea Moss gel should I take? And how often?
- Our recommended daily dosage of sea moss gel is approximately 1 to 2 tablespoons or 4 to 8 grams per serving.
How long will my Sea Moss gel stay fresh?
- Sea moss gel will stay fresh for up to 30 days when refrigerated. You may also store your sea moss gel in the freezer to prolong shelf life for up to 2 months.
*** Useful Freezing Tip: Make sure your freezer temperature is not set on the coldest or else your glass jar may break. You may also transfer your Sea Moss into a freezer-safe glass or BPA-free plastic. We are NOT responsible for any broken glass jars placed in the freezer.
Does your sea moss contain heavy metals?
- Depending on where it is grown, sea moss could contain heavy metals, like mercury and lead, or other toxins. Our sea moss is sustainably sourced and wildcrafted from St. Lucia, where the water is known to be one of the cleanest and safest to drink in the world. Our supplier is FDA registered and submits a phytosanitary certificate for each shipment. The shipment is then tested by the US Department of Agriculture and FDA before entry into the US. We follow a detailed process to throughly clean our raw sea moss before manufacturing the product into gels.
With any health food supplement, there may be potential health risks depending on the individual. We would recommend consulting with your primary physician if you have any further questions or concerns.
Is Sea Moss safe for pregnant women?
- Yes, sea moss is a sea vegetable and will provide 92 of 102 minerals that our body needs. Because every pregnancy is different, it would still be best to contact your doctor first before taking it. To learn more about about the benefits of taking sea moss please visit our blog: https://herbalvineyards.com/blogs/healing101
Can I give Sea Moss to my children?
- Yes you can. Sea moss is a superfood and will provide 92 of 102 minerals that our body needs which also good for children. However, it would still be best to consult it with your primary physician first. To learn more about about the benefits of taking sea moss please visit our blog: https://herbalvineyards.com/blogs/healing101
Can I take both Sea Moss Gels and the Capsules?
- Yes but make sure not to over do it. It is essential to consume sea moss in moderation. You may alternate between the two or take 1 capsule in the morning and 1 tsbp of sea moss gel at night. Please visit this link to know why you need to take sea moss moderately: https://herbalvineyards.com/
Can I take Sea Moss if I have seafood/shellfish allergies?
- Yes. Sea moss is a sea vegetable not a shellfish. We thoroughly clean the sea moss to remove any dirt before processing the sea moss gels. If you are unsure, please contact your primary physician first before taking sea moss just to be on the safe side. To learn more about the side effects of taking sea moss please visit this link: https://herbalvineyards.com/
Do you have a physical store?
- No. We are an online sea moss supplement company. We operate out of our manufacturing faculty located in Georgia, USA.
Do you ship internationally?
- Yes! We currently ship to the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Australia! More countries are coming soon.