Sea moss is a type of red algae. Chances are high that you already know this! We say this because sea moss supplements have become popular due to a number of health benefits. Today, sea moss is used in multiple forms. One of these most popular forms is the sea moss gummies. These are convenient and delicious way of consuming this superfood. In this blog, we are going to discuss how you can make sea moss gummies at home with a very simple and easy recipe.
Best to assemble things in advance! Here are the ingredients that you will need to make the sea moss gummies recipe:
- 1 cup of sea moss gel
- 1 cup of your preferred sweetener (agave syrup, maple syrup, or honey)
- 1 cup of fruit juice or coconut water
- 1 tsp of lemon juice (optional)
- Gelatin powder (1 tsp for a soft gummy, 3 tsp for a firmer gummy)
- A pinch of salt
Please follow the following instructions to make the sea moss gummies at your home:
- First, rinse the sea moss thoroughly to remove any dirt or sand.
- Then, soak the sea moss in a bowl of water for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Next up, drain the water from the sea moss and rinse it again.
- Please, put the soaked sea moss in a blender and blend it until it forms a smooth gel.
- Pour the sea moss gel into a saucepan and add the sweetener, fruit juice or coconut water, lemon juice, salt, and gelatin powder.
- Whisk all the ingredients together and heat the mixture over medium heat.
- It is time to stir continuously until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone mold or any other mold of your choice.
- Place the mold in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Once the gummies are firm, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Benefits of Sea Moss
Sea moss is a nutrient-dense seaweed used for centuries in traditional medicine to support overall health and wellness. Some of the key benefits of sea moss include the following:
- Sea moss is an excellent source of iodine, an essential mineral for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Sea moss is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that help to boost the immune system and protect against disease.
- Sea moss contains high levels of vitamin C, essential for healthy skin, as well as sulfur and silica, which support skin elasticity and hydration.
The homemade sea moss gummies are not only delicious but also packed with nutrients, making them a great snack or supplement to add to your daily routine. The recipe can be easily modified to suit your taste preferences by using different sweeteners or fruit juices. You can also add other natural ingredients, such as turmeric, to enhance the nutritional value of the gummies. But to get the primary ingredient, i.e. the sea moss, all that you have to do is visit Herbal Vineyards, the finest in the business!