Sea moss is becoming extremely prevalent as an ingredient of food and drinks ingredient that can be added to a variety of dishes. It is mostly used in gel form, which is preparable by beginners who wish to include it in their diets. After it is ready for use, the gel has almost no taste and can be added to drinks as well as other things.
This gel has only two ingredients:
- Dry sea moss
Sounds too good to be true, does it not? Yet it is! Making the gel is comparatively a very simple process and saves the user time and energy for its preparation. The more time you have, the more creative you can get about what recipes you can make from this wondrous sea moss gel! This is great news for not only health-conscious people but also the lazy lot who like to be conscious of their diet but are too busy procrastinating about the ingredients they need.
Two simple ingredients are not bound by the constraints of amount, time and other complications. Instead, to use the sea moss gel, all you have to do is take the dry moss, wash it and soak the dried moss in a container. When this happens, the dried mass will convert into very jelly-like fibers, and this is the final step in the two-step process. After that, you can put it into a blender with some water and process it further until it has a velvety and creamy appearance.
This simple recipe comes with a multitude of benefits that increase its value for consumers. Some of the benefits sea moss gel offers are given below:
- Even though it is low in caloric content, sea moss does not lack nutrients and is an overall healthy food.
- They are used as a thickening substance in food, and since conventional gelatin can cause allergic reactions in many people, sea moss gel is a safer alternative.
- Properties that can help fight cancer, oxidative stress, and obesity are possessed by a compound called fucoxanthins, which is present in sea moss.
- The prebiotics present inside sea moss can help improve the gut health of people who consume it in their foods.
- Sea red algae (sea moss) are responsible for the production of a large number of secondary metabolites in addition to a wide variety of other kinds that are responsible for a variety of biological functions, including anticancer, antibacterial, and antifungal activities.
As simple to use, an almost flavorless recipe that offers many benefits and is conveniently prepared, sea moss is a must for people who like to watch what they eat or want the maximum benefits from it. You can get the best options for purchasing sea moss from herbal vineyards, where quality is guaranteed!
- Lomartire, S., Marques, J.C., Gonçalves, A.M.M. An Overview to the Health Benefits of Seaweeds Consumption. Mar Drugs. 2021 Jun 15;19(6):341. doi: 10.3390/md19060341. PMID: 34203804; PMCID: PMC8232781.
- Cherry, P., Yadav, S., Strain, C.R., Allsopp, P.J., McSorley, E.M., Ross, R.P., & Stanton, C. Prebiotics from Seaweeds: An Ocean of Opportunity? Mar Drugs. 2019 Jun 1;17(6):327. DOI: 10.3390/md17060327. PMID: 31159359; PMCID: PMC6627129.
Shop Our Sea Moss Products: