What is better than a healthy granola bar? A granola bar infused with the benefits of sea moss! Granola bars are a widely known source of good nutrition, but what many people don't know is that they can further enhance their health benefits by including sea moss as an ingredient. A simple recipe to prepare such granola bars is shared below.
What you will need for making this delicious recipe, are the following ingredients in the mentioned quantities:
- 1 cup of Whole rolled oats 1 cup of puffed rice
- 1/2 cup of toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/3 a cup of honey
- 2-3 tbsp of nuts (cashews/almonds)
- 2 tbsp of seaweed
- Salt (to taste)
- Vanilla extract (just a few drops)
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup of sunflower seed butter
All these ingredients are easy to get and simple to use together.
You need to have two separate containers for two separate mixtures. In container number one, add the sunflower seed butter to then stir them together until they are thoroughly mixed. In container number one (a mixing bowl), combine the oats, the puffed rice, the sunflower seeds, the pumpkin seeds, and the chopped seaweed or sea moss. Mix everything by thoroughly combining it.
Mix the contents of these two containers and give them good mixing (either with your bare hands if you feel comfortable, or with a mixing tool). The finished product should have a gooey consistency and stay together when held in hand. Place the mixture into a baking tray lined with baking/wax paper. Put it into the fridge and let it freeze for a few hours (2-3 hours).
After the bars have been refrigerated, gently remove them from the baking tray and cut them into 6-8 bars of similar size. Keep fresh in the fridge for up to a week inside a closed container.
- In addition to containing a variety of essential vitamins and minerals, it also has a trace protein content in its composition. In addition to that, it is an excellent source of antioxidants.
- Sea moss is becoming increasingly popular due to the wide variety of health benefits that have been attributed to it. These advantages may assist in maintaining good health of the low amount of calories and fat that it contains.
The benefits of including sea moss in your favourite foods such as a healthy granola bar have many health advantages. So if you have made up your mind to make a healthy granola snack, all you have to do is get sea moss from herbal vineyards at the best price for the promising quality!
- Barros-Gomes, J. A. C., Nascimento, D. L.A., Silveira, A.C.R., Silva, R.K., Gomes, D.L., Melo, K. R. T., Almeida-Lima, J., Camara, R. B. G., Silva, N. B., Rocha, H.A.O. In Vivo Evaluation of the Antioxidant Activity and Protective Action of the Seaweed Gracilaria birdiae. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2018 Aug 1,2018:9354296. DOI: 10.1155/2018/9354296. PMID: 30154951; PMCID: PMC6093003.
Shop Our Sea Moss Products: