Miyeok guk (seaweed soup)
Miyako guk, also known as seaweed soup, is a traditional Korean dish typically served during special occasions, such as weddings and birthdays. The soup is made with miyeok (seaweed) and beef broth and is considered a comfort food for many Koreans. It is believed to have many health benefits, including aiding digestion and boosting immunity. In this recipe, we will show you how to make a delicious miyeok guk that will bring a taste of Korea to your dinner table.
- 2 cups of miyeok (seaweed)
- 4 cups of beef broth
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons of green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Soak the miyeok in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes.
- In a large pot, add the beef broth and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, green onions, soy sauce, sugar, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the miyeok to the pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as desired.
- Serve the soup hot with a sprinkle of green onions or sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Uses/Benefits of Seaweed and Miyeok Guk
Seaweed is a type of edible algae that is high in essential minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. It is a great source of dietary fibre and protein, and is known to aid in digestion and boost immunity. Miyeok guk is a great way to get the benefits of seaweed in a delicious and comforting dish. It is also believed to help promote lactation in nursing mothers and bring good luck when eaten on special occasions.
At Herbal Vinyard, we provide the highest quality seaweeds and sea moss that are harvested in the cleanest and most sustainable way possible. Our products are ethically sourced and never contain any additives or preservatives. Our products are the best on the market, and we guarantee that you will be satisfied with the quality. If you are looking for the best seaweed and sea moss products, visit our website and order now!
- Jungwirth, J., & Kelp, B. (2010). Seaweeds and human health.
- Saeed, M., Arain, M. A., Ali Fazlani, S., Marghazani, I. B., Umar, M., Soomro, J., ... & Alagawany, M. (2021). A comprehensive review on the health benefits and nutritional significance of fucoidan polysaccharide derived from brown seaweeds in human, animals and aquatic organisms. Aquaculture Nutrition, 27(3), 633-654.
Shop Our Sea Moss Products: